Hosting and bandwidth provided by MacAce.net.
The Daystar/XLR8 MACh Carrier G4 350 is an "upgradable upgrade" card, which can be described as a processor card with a ZIF socket. Essentially, the card plugs into the daughtercard slot and a more modern ZIF processor module is plugged into the Carrier card. The Daystar/XLR8 MACh Carrier G4 350 ships with a pre-installed 350 MHz PowerPC 7410 (G4) ZIF module, but the carrier also can be purchased seperately.
|Introduction Date:||January 1, 2003||Discontinued Date:||N/A|
|Processor Type:||PowerPC 7410 (G4) 1.||Processor Speed:||350 MHz 2.|
|Card Type:||Daughtercard 3.||Speed Control:||N/A|
|Relative Speed Boost:||5.1x 4.||FPU (Integrated):||PowerPC 7410 (G4) 1.|
|Backside Bus Speed:||233 MHz||Data Path:||64-bit|
|Level 1 Cache:||64k||Level 2 Cache:||1 MB (backside)|
|RAM Type:||N/A||VRAM Type:||N/A|
|Standard RAM:||N/A||Maximum RAM:||N/A|
|Onboard RAM:||None||RAM Slots:||N/A|
|Standard VRAM:||N/A||Maximum VRAM:||N/A|
|Supported Systems:||PM 7300, 7500, et al. 5.||Supported MacOS:||8.1-X+ 6.|
|Original Price:||$199 US||Est. Current Price:||$129 US|
The PPC G4 includes the AltiVec "Velocity Engine" vector
2. 350 MHz PowerPC 7410 (G4) ZIF module pre-installed.
3. The Carrier is a daughtercard with a pre-installed ZIF module.
4. Maximum speed boost as provided by manufacturer.
5. Includes Power Mac 7300-7600, 8500-9600, Power PCI, Umax S900.
6. Apple provides no official support for third-party upgrade cards.
7. Photo Credit: Daystar/XLR8.