Hosting and bandwidth provided by MacAce.net.
The Sonnet Crescendo G3 257-266/1M features a 257 to 266 MHz PowerPC 750 (G3) processor (depending on system) with 1 MB of backside cache. Sonnet's unique "AutoConfigure" technology detects what type of computer is being used and sets the speed to the maximum safe setting. The card plugs into the PDS slot and pass-through cables are available for video cards if necessary.
|Introduction Date:||July 8, 1998||Discontinued Date:||January 5, 1999|
|Processor Type:||PowerPC 750 (G3)||Processor Speed:||257-266 MHz 1.|
|Card Type:||PDS||Speed Control:||Fixed "AutoConfigure" 2.|
|Relative Speed Boost:||900% 3.||FPU (Integrated):||PowerPC 750 (G3)|
|Backside Bus Speed:||129-133 MHz||Data Path:||64-bit|
|Level 1 Cache:||64k||Level 2 Cache:||1 MB (backside)|
|RAM Type:||N/A||VRAM Type:||N/A|
|Standard RAM:||N/A||Maximum RAM:||N/A|
|Onboard RAM:||None||RAM Slots:||N/A|
|Standard VRAM:||N/A||Maximum VRAM:||N/A|
|Supported Systems:||PM 6100, 7100, 4, 5.||Supported MacOS:||8.0-9.0 6.|
|Original Price:||$900 US||Est. Current Price:||N/A|
Varies depending on the installed system.
2. Automatically configures to max safe speed as a ratio of system bus.
3. Maximum speed boost as provided by manufacturer.
4. Includes Power Mac 6100, 7100, 8100, WGS 6150, 8150, 9150, et al.
5. Incompatible w/ the Power Mac 6100 AV and DOS-compatible models.
6. Apple provides no official support for third-party upgrade cards.
7. Photo Credit: Sonnet Technologies.